From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VeriStand Error 8

Hi I'm using NI VeriStand 2014 and MATLAB 2011B. I've created an NI project with 2 models (mdl) and configured them to run serially . I've set up Workspace observables . When I attempt a run I get the message below, By the way I have successfully run a single model , any ideas , thanking you in anticipation.. Mal

Start Date: 07/12/2015 14:17
• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2014\Projects\Plant_Controller_01\Plant_Controller_01.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Starting VeriStand PC Engines...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target Controller.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 8 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Copy in Model Execution.lvlib:Create Model Instances.vi->Model Execution.lvlib:Initialize Model Loop Data.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi<APPEND>
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\VeriStand 2014\data\NIVS_NIVeriStand_MdlClient_0.dll

• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Shutting down VeriStand PC Engines...
• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,773 Views)

Hello,

I am Ed from National Instruments Applications Engineering. I have some experience with VeriStand and am happy to assist you regarding your query.

From what research I did make I was immediately pointed towards the article linked below which explains the error you are receiving and sounds extremely similar to that of the issue and context you have described:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/42021AEA0855F9AC862578CB007E127A?OpenDocument

Within the article is two suggested solutions to this issue, I have reviewed the CAR report specified and found that the fix was finalised in VeriStand 2011 SP1. I can only surmise that you are still experiencing this issue in VeriStand 2014 because you are using MathWorks Software from 2011 which may be requiring VeriStand to scale back to 2011 in the background as it is backwards compatible.

I would recommend to update the MathWorks Software and if unsuccessful in resolving the issue or not possible, attempt the two solutions provided in the linked article above which should remove the error you have been seeing and provide a methodology to successfully run your application.

I hope that this is helpful and you are successful in your application.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,727 Views)