VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Menu values

Most of my Custom Devices retain last values selected on the Main Menu, but I have some that do not.  Is Veristand expected to retain the values, or should I be using VI "Make Current Values Default" to force the behavior.  If Veristand does have the option to retain values, is there a setting that I am missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,239 Views)

Hi DinaDemara,

It looks like the VI you're looking for is this one:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846H-01/veristandmerge/vs_set_custom_device_channel_defau...

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,203 Views)

Are there any examples using this?  All the Main Menu examples just seem to show vs_set_item_property.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,198 Views)

Are there any examples using this?  All the Main Menu examples just seem to show vs_set_item_property.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,198 Views)

DinaDemara,

When you say "Main Menu" do you mean the controls on your custom device main page?

If so you will need to make sure that the values the user inputs into those controls are stored somehow, likely as properties of that page.  Then you will have to read those properties and write them to the controls when the page launches.  So in additions to the Set_Item_Property VI, you will need to use the Get_Item_Property VI at the beginning of the custom device page VI.

The NI-provided template for custom device pages demonstrates this functionality with the description control.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,187 Views)