VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Stimulus Profile: Log Timestamp format

Hi everyone,

the other day I started a thread about the old and the new stimulus profile editors. The reason I am so interested in them is my customer: On the one hand he is not completely happy with the functionality of the legacy Editor on the other hand he finds the new one a bit hard to get started with- Mainly because most of the existing profiles have been created with the legacy editor.

One issue I'd like to solve wth the legacy editor is the timestamp of the log files: Right now no timestamp can be added to the title of the log file. My customer want the Date to be added to the title in the form yyyymmdd_hhmmss

I have looked into the Stimulus Profile Template Header.vi, but it seems this has nothing to do with the log file's name. Can I edit the code responsible for that somewhere? Or is it simple and I can add some % placeholders to the title to make it magically work?

Also is there a way to log data at different rates for different channels in the legacy stimulus profile editor? Again: I know that these things are possible with the current editor but the customer wants a bit more usability in his existing programs.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,592 Views)

Hi PeterFoerster,

You should actually be able to append a timestamp to the log file name intrinsically in VeriStand. In the Logging Configuration Page, under Log Filename options, one of the options is "Timestamp filename", which specifies whether to append a timestamp to the log filename.

This information can be found in the VeriStand help page here:
Logging Configuration Page
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846J-01/veristand/cp_daq_logging/

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,512 Views)

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer. 

I know that I can do these things in the new Version of Veristand and as far as I'm concerned, my customer will be doing this with his new stimulus profiles by the end of next week. For the profiles that already exist it would be nice to have a timestamp on the files as well. In 2011 I have neither waveform tasks nor a method of logging data without a stimulus profile.

I think that might be a solution: rewrite the existing stimulus profiles to use some other method of logging that exists in 2015 which let's me timestamp the file. I think that is worth trying.

Any other ideas are still welcome!

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,498 Views)