VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Model VeriStand 2013 IO Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

During a project I am working on we decided to update our NI versions to LabVIEW 2013 and VeriStand 2013. For this project we are running a combination of models, both .lvmodel and .dll (compiled Simulink model). These models are deployed to an RMC 8354 using VeriStand. Following this update we are running into issues with our LabVIEW models deploying correctly. I have been able to reproduce the issue with an extremely stripped down/isolated version, which I have attached. In this model there is a numeric control, a boolean control, and a cluster containing a numeric control. There is also an indicator of each of the corresponding data types. All numerics are double precision. The block diagram of the model is empty with the exception of the controls and indicators, no wires or other items. Without connecting up the controls and indicators the model will deploy fine. If I connect the 3 controls and 3 indicators of differing data types I get an error, the log from the deploy is attached to the post.

I have also attached the VeriStand project files, the model VI and the built version of the model.

I am wondering, can anyone, or has anyone already, reproduced this or a similar issue? Does anyone have any thoughts on what may have caused this error to happen and/or how to fix the issue?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,408 Views)

This is a known issue in VeriStand 2013 (CAR 432134). We are working to deliver a fix for this very soon. You can contact support at ni.com/support for more information.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,371 Views)

Thanks for the update Jarrod, glad to hear it isn't something we were donig on this end!

I've put in the request to NI Support for more info, but in case you get back more quickly, is there a link to info on that CAR? Or, really the important info, what specifically is the known issue and has a temporary workaround been identified?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,357 Views)

Patch is available today if you run NI Update Service. I just installed it myself

Stephen B
Message 4 of 6
(6,344 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmorison

Also available for manual download here. More info on the fixes can be found here.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(6,340 Views)

Thanks for the info Jarrod and Stephen. Patch installed and we are up and running now.

Message 6 of 6
(6,323 Views)