cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iteratively csv file replay

Solved!
Go to solution

Helo,

I'm usign Ni veristand 2014 and with the stimulus profile editor I need to iteratively play N times the same csv file. 

In the stimulus profile editor I can load correctly a csv file into a Real-Time sequence, but i can't see how to iterate the sequence N times in the stimulus profile.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance to everyone! 

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,235 Views)

Hey Davide,

You can actually add a For Loop step in the Real-Time sequence itself.  If you pass the number of iterations, N, as a parameter to the RT sequence, you will be able to set it from your stimulus profile.

If you are looking to get a pass/fail for each iteration of the test, there's not a great way to do that natively with the VeriStand Stimulus Profile Editor.  The alternatives are to use TestStand with the VeriStand Custom Step Types or programmatically generate a stimulus profile that calls the RT Sequence N times back to back using the VeriStand Stimulus Profile Definition API.

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,198 Views)

Than's for your answer Cody.

From what I can see the real time sequence can be or just a csv file or a sequence in wich you can actually use programming steps.

I don't see how to mix steps with csv file replay.

Am I doing something wrong?

If it's not possible doing the iteration with the native stimulus I will use the API.

Thank you

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,192 Views)

Apologies - I missed the csv file part of your original post.

You are correct, an RT Sequence call from a stimulus profile can target either an RT sequence file or a csv file.  Since you are using a CSV file, there is no native way to iteratively replay that CSV file.  My recommendation would be to use the API.  You should be able to find a couple examples of programmatically creating profiles and RT sequences by searching around.

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,190 Views)

Hello Cody,

thanks for your help.

Then I'll look for APIs so!

Thanks for the english lesson too 😉

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,180 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davide_Galli

I've found this link to create a sequence from a csv!

From this sequence is possible to use the sequence also in a for loop or other structures.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/CSV-to-NIVSSeq-vi/ta-p/3524575

I hope it can be useful for someone!

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,712 Views)