VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues modifying "Graph - Simple" to include multiple y-axes

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to modify the "Graph - Simple" workspace object to allow multiple y-axes. However, I've been getting some unexpected behavior and I can't find a way to restore the configuration upon the next load.

1. Is there a way I can use the "Custom Data" variant in the Item.Data cluster to store the configuration?
  2. If not, is there another way I can make this work within VeriStand without having to re-develop a full graph object (based off of the free label template) just to add this functionality?

I'm currently using VeriStand 2014, but I may be able to update to 2015 if there's a new feature that would help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NFT

You're very close to having the right answer, but what you described won't work, unfortunately. Generally it would be fine to put data into the Custom Data field as variant attributes, so long as you didn't overwrite any attributes that VeriStand might otherwise expect. However, even if you do this, there's no way to save this copy of the Item Data cluster from the top-level VI. I don't see any way you can get this to work.

However, you may not need to start from scratch. There is an add-on available here called Multi-Y Graph with Calculated Channels. It doesn't have multiple y-scales natively, but it is an open source graph with a superset of the features in the Graph - Simple one. Here you could probably modify it to have two or more Y-axes, and find a good way to save the data so that it persists on the next load.

I didn't write this control, and have never used it personally, but it might be a more open alternative to look at before you think of starting over from scratch.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,484 Views)

That's what I was starting to figure. Developer resources on this were difficult to find, so all I could really do is poke around and tinker. I found that any time I tried to use the Custom Data variant, the graph functionality would break.

I'll definitely take a look at the control you linked. Starting over from scratch would take quite a bit more time than I'd be comfortable spending on this feature.

At this point, I'm working on trying to save the data to a separate file that resides in the project folder. It would be ideal, however, to be able to save it to the system definition file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,481 Views)

SO...is therer  Any solution Has been finded? qaq

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,894 Views)