From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a special token that I can put in a stimulus file CSV channel column that implies leave the current value?

Solved!
Go to solution

Versistand version is 2013 sp1.

I am using CSV stimulus expressions in my real-time sequence, and would like a channel to retain its current (last) value until a certain time step is reached. Is there a way to do this?

Example CSV stimulus file:

timestamp,chan1,chan2

0,0,<keep current value>

10,1,<keep current value>

In this example, chan2 would retain its current value until timestamp 20.

Is there any way to implement this functionality?

Regards,

Rick Howard

Message 1 of 3
(4,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rhoward99

Thanks! This is valuable feedback. I can't think of a way to do this natively with the CSV playback functionality for real-time sequences. Some thoughts on how this might be done:

1. Create your own utility to script real-time sequences based on a CSV file. Extend the functionality to have a special marker in a cell that designates not to change the value for the channel that timestep. You don't have to start from scratch. This open source tool and this one both script real-time sequences and stimulus profiles to playback table-based data sets (though in different ways).

2. Using software fault-insertion to fault the channel value that you want to maintain the initial value for for the first X seconds of playback of the CSV file. You could, for instance, play another sequence at the same time as your CSV file to fault the channel to its current value so that the CSV playback fails to overwrite the value.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,429 Views)

Jarrod,

Thanks for the response. I considered creating my own sequences, but thought I would wait until I got a definitive answer. This is pretty definitive!

Regards,

Rick Howard

Message 3 of 3
(4,420 Views)