VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs versus Parameters in models

The VI seems to work fine for me. You will just need to make sure you set the default value on your parameters wisely since one of them (VoltageIn_t0_V) cannot be changed after you start running. Or if you do want to change it before the model starts, make sure to set the model as "start paused" then change the value and then run the model.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,991 Views)

Thx Stephen.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,985 Views)

Hello All,

Checking to get clarification on one thing that was posted in this board.  I see it is possible to change the value of a parameter while a project is deployed and running, but is it possible to change the "initial value" of a parameter before the model is deployed?  I am working with a .dll that was meant to have some of the parameters configurable before deployment.  Thanks.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,921 Views)

unfortunatley no, not at this time. this is something we are aware of and hope to address in the future.

the work around is to set the model to start "paused". then when nivs starts up, change the parameters, stop and restart the model.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,912 Views)

Thanks StephenB,

That's what I suspected, but figured I would still ask since the original post was a few years old.

GSinMN 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,910 Views)

Could you load the model in the paused or stopped state and then apply your parameters and then start the model?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,906 Views)

Hi joshe,

As Stephen mentioned in the post above your can set the initial state of the model as paused:

model.jpg

Once the system definition file is deployed you can change the parameters of the model and then start running it.

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,891 Views)