VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inports, parameters & signals

I am wondering the purpose of parameters & signals vs. inports?

Are parameters only to be used for initialization with the 'Model initial values' custom device?

I figured that I would have been able to initialize them via TestStand, but they don't appear in TestStand. 

I currently am using  labview models and don't see how to add signals to the model in labview.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,641 Views)

Actually, I don't see how to update the parameters via the 'Model initial values' custom device either.  

Parameters don't seem to show up anywhere except under the model in the system explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,640 Views)

Hi daufdi13,

Since you are using the Model Initial Values Custom Device, there is a dedicated forum for support for that particular NI VeriStand Add-on here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/8437?tstart=0

In this thread, you will find a post by Dustin_DD on Jul 21, 2010 who had a similar question to the one you posted here where the developer offered a response. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,596 Views)

I received "The item does not exist. It may have been deleted." after clicking the link.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,361 Views)

All of our unsupported IP has been transitioned to GitHub. You can download the source for the Model Initial Values custom device and build it for your own use.

National Instruments
Senior Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,341 Views)