cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Target Rate on Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am a novice user of Veristand. I am trying to make a control feedback using a compactRIO : 

RT NI cRIO 9024

Chassis cRIO 9113

Modules 9220 and 9263.

I am using Veristand with a compiled model from Simulink to make my control.

I want to be able to reach loop frequencies of 10 KHz or higher but the target rate loop freezes the system when i try to go above 700 Hz.

Is it possible to do so?

My model is very simple, for now I am simply connecting 1 input from the 9220 to the output of the 9263.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Fares

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fares.n1991

Hi Fares,

The 9024 is incapable of running NI VeriStand at your desired rate. As you see, it maxes out around 700 Hz. There are many reasons for this, but the end result is you will need different hardware to run at your desired rate. A 9082 will be much faster, and a PXIe-8135 will be even faster than that. Also if you do use PXI, if you only need IO and no co-processing, our PXI DAQ devices allow you to hit much faster NIVS rates than PXI FPGA devices.

Good luck!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,470 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Where can I get this information for maximum supported target rate for NIVS while selecting any device?

This will be helpful during design considerations for any NIVS system.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,461 Views)

Unfortunately it is hard to say, as it is very system dependent. There are many variations between systems. The hardware you use and the model you use have a large impact. Our local field engineer can help guide you in this,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,457 Views)

Thanks for your valuable feedback!!

I want to customize Legacy stimulus profile editor to add below features:

- Converting test cases from excel sheet to CSV and to nivstest.

- User interface to monitor status of each test case along with its channel values and display in graphs

- User interface for logging test cases results back into excel sheets of test cases.

Is it possible to share a source code of Legacy stimulus profile editor or could you please share the details like how it can be customized?

Do I need to initiate seperate thread/post for this requirement?

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,453 Views)

Hello Nilesh,

Please post this question in a new thread.
This will improve reusability and searchability for other Forum Users.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,439 Views)

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your rapid response and valuable advice.

Fares

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,407 Views)