From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify models without remapping.

I have what I think is a silly question.

I am using LabVIEW 2012 with VeriStand 2012. When I edit a VI and save it as an lvmodel, I don't see the changes in Veristand. I wind up having to delete the model from the VeriStand project and add it again.

This is no big deal for models that have only a few inports or outports. But I am going to have much larger lists and it will be a real pain to remap every time I make an edit to the model.

I think I am missing something.

After poking around in one of the projects XML files, it looks like the issue is that there is another lvmodel file compiled for the RT target. (A cRIO 9025 in my case, but soon to be upgraded to a PXI.) So I am guessing that when I make my changes, Veristand is not making a new compile for the RT. At least not until I remove the existing model and add my model again.

Specific questions.

What is going on? Why do I have to remove and re-add models that I change?

What do I have to do to manage this? Is there a way to make changes to my models that don't require that I remap inports and outports every time?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,102 Views)
On the model page in system explorer there is a refresh button that will update the model in the system definition without forcing you to delete it and re-add it. The refresh option will not delete channels that still exist in the model, so those mappings are maintained.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,095 Views)

I also encountered the same problem, it seems that the lvmodel file only support windows and ETS/RTX real-time platform, DLL was not recognized in Vxworks platform? Is that true?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,961 Views)

Click the model in your sdf, and click the refresh button, but it can only update the model parameters, many changes can not be updated successfully.

You can save the mapings into a txt, and load it after you delete and add your model.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,955 Views)

Bryan,

LVModels can be used with VeriStand for Windows and PharLap targets only. This can be found in the LabVIEW Help Document "Using LabVIEW VIs as Models" here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846F-01/veristandmerge/model_from_lv/

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(5,939 Views)