VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check where a sequence fails in the stimulus profile editor

Hello,

When running a stimulus profile and calling a sequence, is there a way to know at what point the sequence fails?

For instance, I have a sequence where I change one input 5 times and expect five different output values for one of my output channels. If one of these expected values is wrong, I get a test report which says the whole sequence has failed. I would like to know which output value (of the 5) was different from the expected value. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,985 Views)
Which version of VeriStand are you using? In 2015 we added a new step you can call in a sequence to generate an error with a specified error code and message. This code and message get included in the stimulus profile report.

The error generator step allows you to specify what action to take as well when generating the error. You can choose to abort the sequence, which stops it immediately, to stop it, which causes the sequence to skip to the cleanup section, or just continue execution.

By using a unique error code or message, you might be able to indicate in the report where the sequence failed.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,941 Views)

Ok, I'm currently using 2014 but will be updating to 2015 soon. I will give this a try then.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,927 Views)