VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the RTDestination property in Model section

Solved!
Go to solution

I used the .net api to create a definition file for the pxi target, but error 15550 appeared when i deploy the DEF. After compare with the correct DEF generated from VerStand, i found the RTDestination property in Model section is different, but i do not know how to change it. Any one knows?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,108 Views)

Hello Nico,

- What version of the NI VeriStand .NET API are you using to create your System Definition file?

- Could you also post the two RTDestination strings so I may evaluate the issue.

- If deploying using the NI VeriStand environment, could you also post the Deployment Log. This should have the error message you are receiving.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,107 Views)
I use VeriStand 2012, and i deployed the definition file with .net api.I try to use VeriStand to deploy the DEF, and error 15550 appear, but after i click the Model section in System Explorer, error disappear, and deploy successful. I do not know what to be changed after my clicking, it is so strange. part of the definition file generated by .net api 1.23 false E:\Models\IPTest.dll PharLap & Windows c40ac3fdafc3cf0b593d1719874d9258 part of the definition file generated by Veristand environment false c:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\Models\IPTest.dll PharLap & Windows c40ac3fdafc3cf0b593d1719874d9258
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,086 Views)

Hi Nico,

This is indeed in an issue in our .NET API. I've documented this as Corrective Action Request #416291. Attached below is a workaround to the problem. RTPathIssue.png

Nestor
Message 4 of 6
(6,066 Views)

Thanks, but i am not good at labview and do not know how to use the vi file, can you give me some steps to make it usefull ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,045 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NicoYang

Hi Nico,

This workaround is using the same .NET API you are; therefore, you can recreate these calls in whatever environment you are using to programmatically create your system definition.

To explain the image from left-to-right:

- First block is calling the Model constructor and initializing it with the shown values.

- Next block, is down-casting the newly created Model object into a BaseNodeType. This is done by calling into a property of the Model object called BaseNodeType (ie. Model.BaseNodeType). This is simply the Model's base type. We need to do this to get access to low-level methods.

- The next two blocks are getting and setting the DLL Path XML-element in your system definition file.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,029 Views)