From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has nidll.tlc been phased out for RT system dll's?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm currently trying to call some model's (*.mdl) in LabVIEW by converting the models into dll's.  The models are made and converted with Mathworks Simulink, and in LabVIEW I plan to open the dll's via Call Library Function Nodes.  So far, I have downloaded NI Veristand and the Model Interface Toolkit which has given me System Target File options of:

NIVeristand.tlc

NIVeristand_VxWorks.tlc

But I don't have an option for nidll.tlc (which I understand can be opend in LabVIEW instead of Veristand), and I'm wondering why.  Has this option been phased out for RT targets?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AbeP

Hi Abe,

Yes, nidll.tlc is obsolete as of 2012. Particularly, nidll.tlc was installed by the NI LabVIEW Simulation Interface Toolkit (SIT) which reached its end-of-life in 2012. SIT however was replaced with the LabVIEW Model Interface Toolkit; this toolkit replaces nidll.tlc with NIVeriStand.tlc. Note that the model interface generated by nidll.tlc and NIVeriStand.tlc are very similar; in fact, nidll.tlc was the foundation to NIVeriStand.tlc. A model generated by NIVeriStand.tlc can be opened in LabVIEW and VeriStand.

Nestor
Message 2 of 3
(5,587 Views)

Thanks Nestor!

I'm looking at these examples and it looks like I might not have to use the Call Library Function Nodes after all!  Instead, Veristand provides much more user/LabVIEW friendly commands for calling the model and accessing its parameters.  I'm about to start using these function calls on my created dll.  Thank you so much for taking time to provide this clarity!

Cheers,

Abe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,582 Views)