cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I get back to a subject that was already discussed but with no solution.

We've built a big VeriStand project (based on 2011SP1) that has now been deployed to several worldwide locations. Since we use the 2011 version, we had to use the "scaling & calibration" function to scale bus data.

Today a new bus specification requires making changes on some scales. To avoid running around the world I would like my customers to send me their “HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal” files in order to patch and send them back.

I don’t want to use a running VeriStand project to do that because the customer’s configurations are slightly different with only a set of channels being concerned by the scale update (the others may hold scales and/or calibration factors that must not be disturbed).

So I’ve imagined developing a tool for doing the patch but I can’t because I have neither file format specification nor S/W module or code extract.

Note: I don’t care about the history file, only about the HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal.

Any help would be appreciated, best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thumble

These APIs should do what you want. Note that I believe they will ONLY work up through NI VeriStand 2011 SP1. However, that sounds like what you want.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(6,097 Views)

Thank you Jarrod, that's exactly what we need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,086 Views)

Hi Jarod

Any update of this exemple for VeriStand 2020 ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(993 Views)

Hi kabooom,

Here is an updated solution for reading nivscal files (for at least VeriStand 2020):

raphschru_1-1691141978144.png

The data is prepended with the version number in plain ASCII, then the rest of the data is a cluster flattened in binary. Excepted for the first 4 bytes (always equal to 0x00 ?), I could decode all the calibration data. See the project attached.

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 5 of 5
(971 Views)