From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I get back to a subject that was already discussed but with no solution.

We've built a big VeriStand project (based on 2011SP1) that has now been deployed to several worldwide locations. Since we use the 2011 version, we had to use the "scaling & calibration" function to scale bus data.

Today a new bus specification requires making changes on some scales. To avoid running around the world I would like my customers to send me their “HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal” files in order to patch and send them back.

I don’t want to use a running VeriStand project to do that because the customer’s configurations are slightly different with only a set of channels being concerned by the scale update (the others may hold scales and/or calibration factors that must not be disturbed).

So I’ve imagined developing a tool for doing the patch but I can’t because I have neither file format specification nor S/W module or code extract.

Note: I don’t care about the history file, only about the HardwareCalibrationData.nivscal.

Any help would be appreciated, best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,078 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thumble

These APIs should do what you want. Note that I believe they will ONLY work up through NI VeriStand 2011 SP1. However, that sounds like what you want.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(6,072 Views)

Thank you Jarrod, that's exactly what we need.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,061 Views)

Hi Jarod

Any update of this exemple for VeriStand 2020 ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(968 Views)

Hi kabooom,

Here is an updated solution for reading nivscal files (for at least VeriStand 2020):

raphschru_1-1691141978144.png

The data is prepended with the version number in plain ASCII, then the rest of the data is a cluster flattened in binary. Excepted for the first 4 bytes (always equal to 0x00 ?), I could decode all the calibration data. See the project attached.

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 5 of 5
(946 Views)