VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the controller's "Target Rate" property

Hi all,

in order to allow my custom device to realize some calculation and update some indicator, i need to retrieve the value of the "Target Rate" property which can be found in the Targets -> Controller section of the System Explorer tree.

I tried in several ways without success, considering it both as a property and as a channel.

Seems that the only way to access it consists in opening the system definition file as a XML file, but i'm quite sure that in this way the value of that property (in this case named "Engine Rate") is only updated when the system definition file is saved.

Is there the real possiblity to get that value?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,058 Views)

Hi,

you can try to use Veristand API to get TargetRate property programmatically (see attached screenshot).

I hope this helps!

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,025 Views)

There is a VI named "Get Engine Rate" here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\NI Veristand\Custom Device API\NI VeriStand - Get Engine Rate.vi

However I found it to not work on RT, only in system explorer and CAR'd that #333023

Instead, you can traverse up to the target node, then down to the system channels -> deltaT and get the default value. Then invert that to find the rate:

get deltaT.png

Stephen B
Message 3 of 4
(6,020 Views)

Where could we find the CAR 333023 ?

Did you mean with "CAR'd taht #333023" that even in system explorer the Get Engine Rate doesn't work correctly ?

I have found that, in System Explorer, we must do a Get Target Ref and use this ref to call the Get Engine Rate. A call with a Item Ref (as specified in the help) returns 0.

Regards,

Hubert Robitaille

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,805 Views)