I'm trying to implement the Lambda Genesys DC Power Supply Custom Device in Veristand.
I'm trying to understand/implement a couple of things.
1. I need to be able to set the output mode and the output value not just the limits.
Does this device just lack these (seemingly very basic) functions? Or am I missing something.
2. I need to drive 2x power supplies wired in parallel. My current method is to drive both devices by the same channels. I think this should work.
3. Regarding #1: if it doesn't support output values, I want to edit the custom device. I can get into the Libraries and get the source code. However, It would be ideal to get the un-compiled custom device project that was used to create the device. Is this available somewhere?
If you set the Voltage limit and Current limit, the supply will go to the Voltage limit and allow current draw up to the current limit.
2. More to come, haven't attempted the parallel devices yet. I will post when I get info.
3. NI couldn't share the project file with me. I have built a new custom device project file and posted the NI code into it. I've kept the base functionality for now but I may have some changes in the works. I will likely post that here as well.