VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while deploying / custom device , vxworks

Hello

I am now trying to deploying a custom device for VxWorks Engine. 

My systems are cRIO 9024, VeriStand 2013sp1, and Labview 2013sp1.

Let me explain what I have done. 

1. Built a custom device in asynchronous execution mode 

2. Already checked the custom deivce successfully runs on windows OS of VeriStand. 

3. After that compiled VxWorks engine into the custom device in order to run on VxWorks OS, and it was successful. 

4. So, now trying to run the custom device on VxWorks OS, but errors below came out while deploying.

What is the problem for this case? I already checked the network connection with NI MAX, and there seems no problem. 

Error messages are as followings:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details:
Error -307853 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand: VeriStand Gatewayがターゲットへの接続を確立できませんでした。ターゲットが稼動しており、VeriStandエンジンが正常に開始されていることを確認してください。
=========================
NI VeriStand: Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430002
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: Error 63 occurred at TCP接続を開く/Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430002

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: シリアルポート受信バッファオーバーフロー。
=========================
LabVIEW: サーバに接続を拒否されました。TCP/IPの場合は、サーバが実行されており、指定したポートをリスンしていることを確認してください。ファイアウォールによってサーバによる接続の再利用が妨げられている可能性もあります。VIサーバの場合、ツール→オプション→VIサーバ:構成でVIサーバが有効になっていることを確認してください。
Target: 169.254.7.183

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,805 Views)

Hello Hongjuncho,

The error you're seeing is -307853, which suggests that the target is not properly responding to requests from the PC's VeriStand.

Even if you can connect to the target via the network (like you checked in NI MAX), the device is probably not properly configured to work with VeriStand

The error text reads:

>The VeriStand Gateway was unable to establish a connection with the target.

>Confirm that the target is running and that the VeriStand Engine successfully has started.

>If you still cannot connect to the target, use MAX to reinstall the NI VeriStand Run-Time Engine to the target.

>You might encounter this error if you attempt to connect to the target from a LabVIEW project, because a LabVIEW project can update the start-up application for the target.

>To deploy a system definition to a target, the NI VeriStand Run-Time Engine (NI VeriStand.rtexe) must be the start-up application.

I would suggest following the steps in the error code and reinstall NI VeriStand Run-Time Engine on the target, and make sure that NI VeriStand.rtexe is the startup application on your target.

Message 2 of 6
(4,747 Views)

Hello KaruKaru

I had still the same error messages even after reinstalling NI VeriStand 2013sp1. 

Is there another way to solve this problem? 

1. How can I check whether the real-time target(cRIO-9024) is configured properly or not? 

2. How do I reinstall the NI VeriStand Run-Time engine to the target? could you let me know more detail? 

To be honest, I had a system definition file deployed succesfully to the target once before I had this error message. 

Now I don't know why it doesn't work. With the system definition file deployed successfully to the target, I got the same error message. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,674 Views)

Hi hongjuncho,

as mentioned before you should first make sure the VS Engine is installed on the cRIO. You can do this by expanding the cRIO in MAX and then expanding software under the cRIO. There should be an entry about Veristand Engine. If it isn't, you should install it (Add/remove button or right click >> Add/remove).

Whe you say reinstall Veristand, do you mean the windows host system?

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 4 of 6
(4,659 Views)

Thank you. I made it.

By the way it looks weird. After reinstalling the NI VeriStand engine to target, I could successfuly deploy to target and run a custom device model on vxworks RTOS. When I trid to deploy again, the same error message came out. so I had to reinstall the NI VeriStand engine. 

Should I reinstall the NI VeriStand enigne to target whenever I meet this error message? 

Is there workaround to solve it? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,651 Views)

Hi,

what did you do between it working and it not working? This sometimes happens to me, when I try something out in plain old LabVIEW in between. So far I've always reinstalled it, but I'd be highly interested in a way to avoid that.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,629 Views)