VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error With Service Dialog Box

I created a custom service and it works correctly as designed. However, if I am looking at it in the project explorer and I select properties from the right click menu an error occurs. 

Error 7 occurred at File/Directory Info in PW Dialogs.lvlib:Default Properties.vi

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS X, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface.

C:\Users\MSULGROVE\Downloads\TDMS to ASCII Log Converter\TDMS to ASCII Log Converter\Built\Service\TDMS to ASCII Convert Service.llb\TDMS to ASCII Convert.vi

I tried it with the TDMS to ASCII log converter (as seen above) with the same issue. 

I am wondering if there is some VI that I need to include in the LLB for the service, so that this does not happen.

Thanks,

Mike

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,577 Views)
What version of NIVS are you using? I think we fixed this in 2012. (we forgot to enclose the path in quotes so spaces messed up our logic)
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,565 Views)

This is using 2012, but I used an example from 2010 and maybe some code in that is the issue. I actually realized I can't get the service to do anything now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,562 Views)

I'm struggling with this same issue.  What VI is it expecting to find when a service is right clicked and Properties is selected?  I tried adding a file to the llb with the name it seemed to be looking for "Default Properties.vi", but I'll be darned if I could figure this out.  I also couldn't find anything in the documentation indicating there should be a particularly named vi, etc.  I'm trying to have service be multi-modal, so the thought was one could right click, select Properties and use a VI (dialog) to choose how the service should behave.

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

VeriStand 2015 SP1 (2015.1.0.76)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,699 Views)