From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error :Eclipse not installed properly while building .so file from simulink model

I have installed Matlab 2014a, Visual Studio2012 and Eclipse 2014 in my computer. The operating system is windows 7.  And the veristand frame work model is succesfully deployed to matlab-simulink as shown in the command window in Matlab.

But when I'm trying to build a .so file for my cRIO through"Simulation---->Model Configuration Parameters--->build", while using "NIVeristand_Linux_64.tlc" as system target file.  The complition is successful but during the building process, here comes the error as shown below,which said that my Eclipse was not installed properly.  And it's very strange that even I unistalled the Eclipse 2014, the error is the same. Is there anything wrong when I installed Eclipse 2014, or is there some special configuration after installing Eclipse 2014?

Thank you for your attention and helping!

simulink_to_so_error_help.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,145 Views)

Hello weily411

1. What version of the NI VeriStand Model Framework are you using?
    • Enter the following command in the MATLAB Command Window: NIVeriStand_Version
  2. Would you please specify the Eclipse distribution you installed? You are expected to use the following distribution:
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,121 Views)

Thank you for your attention and help!

The version of Veristand is  "2015.0.0.117 (2015)" as shown in matlab.

And I download the Eclipse exactly from the website you offered.Actually I followed the guides from the link"http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E552B0CD4E48215586257DF7005BE055" to use veristand ,eclipse and matlab-simulink to build the .so file for cRIO.

Is the question have something to do with the softwares in my computer such as Visual Studio 2012?  Or are some certain C++ compilers are necessary for Eclispe?  I've also installed Java SDK and Java SE on my computer as guided by the link you offered, but it doesn't work....

Best Regards~

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,109 Views)

Hello,

I do not suspect MSVS 2012 to be the cause of the issue.

The default install location of Eclipse 2014 RT is: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Eclipse\14.0
  1. Is this the same location on your system?

Does this folder exist on your system?

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Eclipse\14.0\x64\sysroots\i686-nilrtsdk-mingw32\usr\bin\x86_64-nilrt-linux

Remove and reinstall Eclipse

1. Our Eclipse detection scrips use the registry to locate the items.
  2. Writingto the registry may be restricted
  3. My recommendation would be to remove and reinstall Eclipse with Administrator Privileges.

Following procedures will further help me to understand where the detection is failing:

1. We locate and attempt to load the Linux64 toolchain using the following file
    • C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\toolchain\Linux_64_GNU_Setup.bat file.
  2. I've attached a modified version of this file to help me further understand the problem. The changes simply print to screen the data it is processing while attempting to locate the toolchain.
  3. Please perform the following steps:
    1. Download the attached batch file to C:\
    2. Rename file extension to ".bat"
    3. Launch a Windows Command Prompt
    4. Change the working directory to C:\
    5. Execute the command:
      • C:\LInux_64_GNU_Setup_TEST.bat >> nivs_debug.log
    6. Reply with the generated log file, nivs_debug.log 
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,092 Views)

Thanks a lot Nestor!

I didn't installed the Eclipse in the default path, and I've change it to" E:\National Instruments\Eclipse\14.0". Actually I have installed all the concerned NI softwares in thepath  " E:\National Instruments", including Veristand.  Must these softwares be installed to the default path in the system disk? Or must the softwares have to be installed in a files called " Program Files" or "Program FIles(X86)"  when installed to other disks?

And it was indeed not installed with a Administrator Privalige. Is that privilage necessary during the installation?

The folder you mentioned does exist in "E:\National Instruments\Eclipse\14.0\x64\sysroots\i686-nilrtsdk-mingw32\usr\bin\x86_64-nilrt-linux" with 25 ".exe" files in it.

I run the ".bat" files through cmd seperately in disks C:\ and E:\  and the results seem the same. And the "not properly installed" error is reported at the end of the ".log" as below.  

Best Regards~

C:\>REM This file configures several environment variables, including PATH, for C:\>REM use with the gcc compiler redistributable. Execute this within a Command C:\>REM Shell to configure it for development. Alternatively, integrate these C:\>REM environment variable settings into your computer settings. C:\>REM Build path to C & C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition C:\>set NIGCC_VERSION=14.0 C:\>set ECLIPSE_VERSION_LABEL=2014 C:\>echo Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools. Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools. C:\>REM If 64-bit OS, find registry key to National Instruments root directory under WoW6432Node. C:\>set key="HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" C:\>REM If key not found, try under 32bit nodes C:\>reg query "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" 2>NUL 1>NUL C:\>if ERRORLEVEL 1 (set key="HKLM\Software\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" ) C:\>REM Check existence of key C:\>reg query "HKLM\Software\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" 2>NUL 1>NUL C:\>IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO ERROR C:\>echo Error locating the NI Linux Real-Time 2014 toolchain. Confirm the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 2014 was properly installed. Error locating the NI Linux Real-Time 2014 toolchain. Confirm the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 2014 was properly installed. C:\>EXIT /B 1

E:\>REM This file configures several environment variables, including PATH, for 

E:\>REM use with the gcc compiler redistributable. Execute this within a Command 

E:\>REM Shell to configure it for development. Alternatively, integrate these 

E:\>REM environment variable settings into your computer settings. 

E:\>REM Build path to C & C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 

E:\>set NIGCC_VERSION=14.0 

E:\>set ECLIPSE_VERSION_LABEL=2014 

E:\>echo Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools. 
Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools.

E:\>REM If 64-bit OS, find registry key to National Instruments root directory under WoW6432Node. 

E:\>set key="HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" 

E:\>REM If key not found, try under 32bit nodes 

E:\>reg query "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0"  2>NUL 1>NUL 

E:\>if ERRORLEVEL 1 (set key="HKLM\Software\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0" ) 

E:\>REM Check existence of key 

E:\>reg query "HKLM\Software\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0"  2>NUL 1>NUL 

E:\>IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO ERROR 

E:\>echo Error locating the NI Linux Real-Time 2014 toolchain. Confirm the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 2014 was properly installed. 
Error locating the NI Linux Real-Time 2014 toolchain. Confirm the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition 2014 was properly installed.

E:\>EXIT /B 1 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,077 Views)

(Following the above message)

Uh, and I have reinstalled Eclipse with the Administrator Privalige to the same path above, but it didn't work... And the debugging result is the same.

At the same time, a correction to the previous description. My computer is not installed with Java SE and Java JDK.  Is that the problem?  

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,052 Views)

Thank you weily411 for the cooperation and efforts.

It appears that the necessary files are indeed installed, but the registry isn't providing what we need.

1. We'll run a test in-house to verify if installing to a non-default location impacts the behavior.
  2. Does running the test script with Admin Privilages have any impact? It appears the issue is with processing the content from the Windows Registry.

The following request examines the registry for items we use to locate the install path.

1. Open the Windows Registry Editor. You can achieve this by executing Run >> regedit.exe
  2. Locate the following items on the respective Windows architecture
    • (Windows 64-bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0
    • (Windows 32-bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\National Instruments\gccToolchain\14.0
  3. If found, I expect to find the following items as shown below. In particular I'm interested in the x64Path registry key.
    • eclipseReg.png
  4. Please reply with a snippet of your content.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,004 Views)

Thanks a lot Nestor!

I have run the cmd with Admin Previlage and run the test file again, but the result is the still the same.

My window 7 is 64-bits. The following is the content in the certain locatioin of the registry, and it seems the same as what you have provided above, including the x64Path.

注册表——1.PNG

Best regards,

Weily

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,983 Views)

Hi weily411,

UnfortunatelyI was unable to reproduce the issue. What OS edition are you using?

1. Is this Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit?
  2. Is this Windows 7 English with a language pack? If so, what is the language?
  3. Or is this a specific regional version of Windows 7? If so, what edition is it?
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,924 Views)

My OS is 64-bit windows 7, English version with a Chinese pack. And the settings seems to be common here.

The problem has been solved by using other computer, so it should only be related to certain settings of my own computer. 

Thank you all the same for the helping and assisting for this time.

Best regards,

Weily

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,877 Views)