VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -89126 from sysdefs set to start at boot

Solved!
Go to solution

The sysdef I'm using is set to start at boot, but when the target is restarted it always throws error -89126 and I have to manually redeploy. Can this be fixed?

The sysdef I'm using is posted here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Why-is-DAQ-200714-error-fatal/td-p/3276882

Hardware is PXI-8110 in a PXI-1045 chassis

VeriStand 2015

Thanks

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,459 Views)

Hey Stephen, 

Some initial questions for you. While I dig into this specific error regarding the trig lines. 

1. Are you able to use anything else for a timing source besides the DAQ card?

2. What cards do you currently have filling your chassis?

Regards,

Rob S

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,428 Views)
  1. No, I only have DAQ cards
  2. You can see the sysdef in the link I provided
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,425 Views)
Pretty sure what is happening is the trigger lines are being reserved while veristand starts up a sysdef, but then when the PXI chassis is hard powered off and back on... the reservation persists. So when it tries to reserve them again with the auto-starting sysdef, they are already reserved and it errors out. Thankfully while it is cleaning up that failed start-up, it unreserves the lines... allowing me to manually deploy again.

Its weird that the reservation would persist when the target is powered off. Is there any way to have veristand unreserve PXI lines at boot up or something like that?
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephenB

Does the problem happen the first time a system definition starts up after reboot, or just if a system definition is set to start immediately after reboot? If you have no system definition deployed (you specifically undeploy the last one), and you reboot, and then wait a couple minutes before deploying one, do you still see the same issue?

If it happens to be a timing thing, we have an INI token you can use to delay the start-up of the VeriStand engine by some amount.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(4,402 Views)

You da man Jarrod! That worked.

I had set it to 4000 ms already to avoid an 'unknown device' error, bumping it all the way to 16000ms avoided this error as well.

Stephen B
Message 6 of 6
(4,391 Views)