07-30-2012 05:43 AM
I am receiving following error message while deploying a .dll to my PXIe-1071 with the PXIe-8100 CPU.
• Starting deployment group 1... * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.
Details: Error -307703 occurred at Project Window.lvlibroject Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi
NI VeriStand: Das angegebene kompilierte Modell ist nicht kompatibel mit NI VeriStand. ========================= NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> Model Execution.lvlib:Initialize Model Loop Data.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Initialize Model.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Load Model DLL.vi <append>========================= NI VeriStand: Failed to load c:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\Models\Simulink_VeriStand.dll
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * • Unloading System Definition file... • Connection with target NI-PXIe8100-2F137874-WILO has been lost.
My system is the following:
- Operating system: WIN 7 64 bit
- Matlab and Simulink version: R2011a 32 bit
- Relevant Matlab/Simulink tookboxes:
MATLAB Coder Version 2.0 R2011a
Simulink Coder Version 8.0 R2011a
- VeriStand 2011 Version 2011.1.0.32
- On the PXI I am using Labview Reat Time 11.0.1
I have built a very simple model (see attached: Simulink_VeriStand.mdl) in Simlink where I have done the following adjustments:
1. Simulation time: inf
2. Solver type: Fixed-step; discrete (no continuous states)
3. Fixed step size: 0.01
4. On the "Data Import/Export" page I have disabled all items.
5. System target file: NIVeriStand.tlc
Afterwards I have built my .dll (see attached: Simulink_VeriStand.dll) successfully.
In the next step I have introduced this .dll into the "System Explorer" of "VeriStand 2011" and I have tried to deploy it into my system. Unfortunately I am receiving always the above stated error message.
While deploying it into "Windows" as "Operating System" in the "Target Specification" field no error messages appear and everything works perfectly.
A colleague has given me a .dll he has compiled. And while deploying his .dll into the PXI there was no error message. Therefore I suppose some Matlab/Simulink adjustments are not correct. The NI support told me that my .dll calls to the kernel32.dll which is not available on a real time system, but I do not know how to change the compiling ajustments to avoid this.
What can I do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-06-2012 01:07 AM
i had the same problem/error message using Matlab Simulink R2012a.
For me switching to Matlab Simulink R2009b with Real-Time Workshop worked very well.
I also use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition as the compiler for the model.
I hope this helps to you.
08-06-2012 08:45 AM
Thanks a lot!!! Very good hint. Now it is working. I have installed Matlab Simulink 2009b together with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express and everything is working fine!!!
08-07-2012 03:01 PM
As of MATLAB R2011a, MathWorks no longer provides support for MSVC++ 2008 Express and has instead shifted support for MSVC++ 2010 Express. However, note that MSVC++ 2008 Professional continues to be a supported compiler. Unfortunately, LV RT presently does not support MSVC++ 2010 binaries; hence the error you received. We are aware of this limitation and it is being investigated.