Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -307703 while deploying a .dll created by Simulink R2011a

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

Problem:

I am receiving following error message while deploying a .dll to my PXIe-1071 with the PXIe-8100 CPU.

• Starting deployment group 1... * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details: Error -307703 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand:  Das angegebene kompilierte Modell ist nicht kompatibel mit NI VeriStand. ========================= NI VeriStand:  NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> Model Execution.lvlib:Initialize Model Loop Data.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Initialize Model.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Load Model DLL.vi <append>========================= NI VeriStand:  Failed to load c:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\Models\Simulink_VeriStand.dll

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * • Unloading System Definition file... • Connection with target NI-PXIe8100-2F137874-WILO has been lost.

My system is the following:

- Operating system: WIN 7 64 bit

- Matlab and Simulink version: R2011a 32 bit

- Relevant Matlab/Simulink tookboxes:

MATLAB Coder Version 2.0 R2011a

Simulink Coder Version 8.0 R2011a

- VeriStand 2011 Version 2011.1.0.32

- On the PXI I am using Labview Reat Time 11.0.1

Problem description:

I have built a very simple model (see attached: Simulink_VeriStand.mdl) in Simlink where I have done the following adjustments:

1. Simulation time: inf

2. Solver type: Fixed-step; discrete (no continuous states)

3. Fixed step size: 0.01 

4. On the "Data Import/Export" page I have disabled all items.

5. System target file: NIVeriStand.tlc

Afterwards I have built my .dll (see attached: Simulink_VeriStand.dll) successfully.

In the next step I have introduced this .dll into the "System Explorer" of "VeriStand 2011" and I have tried to deploy it into my system. Unfortunately I am receiving always the above stated error message.

While deploying it into "Windows" as "Operating System" in the "Target Specification" field no error messages appear and everything works perfectly.

A colleague has given me a .dll he has compiled. And while deploying his .dll into the PXI there was no error message. Therefore I suppose some Matlab/Simulink adjustments are not correct. The NI support told me that my .dll calls to the kernel32.dll which is not available on a real time system, but I do not know how to change the compiling ajustments to avoid this.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Luk04

Hi Luk04,

i had the same problem/error message using Matlab Simulink R2012a.

For me switching to Matlab Simulink R2009b with Real-Time Workshop worked very well.

I also use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition as the compiler for the model.

I hope this helps to you.

Regards

5pHiNxX

Message 2 of 4
(7,403 Views)

Hi 5pHiNxX

Thanks a lot!!! Very good hint. Now it is working. I have installed Matlab Simulink 2009b together with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express and everything is working fine!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,394 Views)

Hi Luk04,

As of MATLAB R2011a, MathWorks no longer provides support for MSVC++ 2008 Express and has instead shifted support for MSVC++ 2010 Express. However, note that MSVC++ 2008 Professional continues to be a supported compiler. Unfortunately, LV RT presently does not support MSVC++ 2010 binaries; hence the error you received. We are aware of this limitation and it is being investigated.

Nestor
Message 4 of 4
(7,378 Views)