VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172 and Error 1 when opening VeriStand

Solved!
Go to solution

Error 1172 comes up and immediately after Error 1 comes up when I try to open VeriStand.  I am remote logging into the computer that this is happening to.  I know that just before I logged in, a co-worker was on it and had VeriStand open just fine.

He tried to run a project and got Error -63195; which is a different issue altogether, but wanted to make sure I didn't exclude any information that might be useful.

So I remoted into the computer to try to replicate the error that he got and I can't even open VeriStand without errors.  If I click continue the errors will disappear and I am shown the VeriStand start up screen.  If I click on "Configure Project" I get Error 1 again.  I can't go any further.  Does anyone know what the problem is?

Attached are a copy of the errors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joedowdle

It looks like a previous instance of VeriStand did not shut down properly. You might open Windows Task Manager to see if there is another instance of VeriStand still open. If so, kill the task. Alternatively, rebooting your system should fix the issue.

I have seen this issue before, but in my experience it is very rare.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,329 Views)

This fixed the problem, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,315 Views)

Hello,

I know it's an old thread, but wanted to continue, I'm also geting the same error.

I'm using PXIe 8880 as my RT and having a fixed IP address of 192.168.1.197. It is directly connected to my host PC using a ethernet cable. My host PC is configured with the fixed IP address of 192.168.1.100. From LabVIEW I'm Opening the Veristand project, Running it. Upto that step it is fine and running. Now I'm trying to open the workspace to access my I/O channels. I'm using "Open Workspace manager.VI" from the API library, and Input to that is the IP Address as 192.168.1.197. I'm getting the following error- 

Error 1172 occurred at Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Inner Exception: NationalInstruments.VeriStand.VeriStandException: Could not connect to the VeriStand server. Make sure you have the correct address to the gateway, the gateway is running, and any firewalls are configured correctly before attempting to connect.
Inner Exception: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to net.tcp://192.168.1.197:2039/NI/VeriStand_Gateway/2016/DataServer. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:01.0240000. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.197:2039.
Inner Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.197:2039

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: A .NET exception occurred in an external assembly. For information about correcting this error, copy the following exception (in bold), and search the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site or the Web for a possible explanation.
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException in NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Open Workspace Manager Reference.vi->Main.vi

Note : The same VI is working If I am changing the target of the veristand project as Local host with Windows OS and running the veristand project in windows.

Veristand.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,438 Views)

meBaga,

First, it's always a good idea to create a new post unless you have the exact same error with the exact same symptoms. In this case, although you were getting the same error, you were experiencing totally different symptoms and a different exception. You're more likely to get the help you need if you create a new post as it gets more visibility.

But to try to answer your question, it looks like you're unable to connect to the VeriStand server because the target device is actively refusing the connection. I would check that your firewalls are disabled on your host PC and on your target, and that you've opened the gateway from your RT target. Let me know how these steps go!

Good luck,

aprillest

Message 5 of 8
(6,417 Views)

Hi aprillest,

Thanks for your reply, I am attaching the network settings I'm using. I hope those are correct and is in the same way you are expecting. Please let me know if there is anything else I should do to correct this.

Regards,

meBaga

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,412 Views)

Hello,

aprillest also mentioned checking the gateway is running, which is a must for the Execution API to work.

1. Is  an instance of VeriStand running when you call the VI?

2. Can you run the project in the RT target using VeriStand manually instead of the API?

The NI VeriStand - Run  Project.vi does not deploy the project. It is only able to run a project that was previously deployed to the Target. Did you do this?

If the previous happens to be related, you can actually use the NI VeriStand - Deploy Project.vi along with the NI VeriStand - Run Project.vi. The first VI will return error -3007658 if the project is already deployed so you can try something like the attached code (it is for LabVIEW 2016, so let me know if you need it for a different version).

It is runs a VeriStand example in Windows by default, but it also works with RT targets. It launches VeriStand (not silently) so it should take care of the running gateway thing and opens the workspace, but not just as a reference as you are trying to do; it opens the whole thing. You can remove the workspace call if you don't need it and try to open a connection to it using the Workspace API.

Hope it helps. Let us know if the gateway had anything to do. If 1. or the attached method do not help, we need to know the answer to 2.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,401 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, We found out the issue. The Veristand project property is also having one setting to set the gateway IP address. which we can get by right clicking on the project from the veristand project tree. Changed that IP address from localhost to my Host PC's IP address, and changed the IP address input of my code part (which is visible in the picture) from the RT's IP address to the Host PC's IP address.... It worked... Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,377 Views)