From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erronous behavior when running stimulus profiles from one computer, working nice from another

Hello!

We have been battling with an issue for quite some hours today. We have a computer functioning as a test bench. This computer has Windows 7, with Veristand 2013 (No service pack). This is connected to a PXI system that we run the Veristand Engine through Ethernet.

What happens is that when it comes to a step in the profile that involves callign a real-time sequence, it just hangs on that step, and nothing is performed. Even pressing abort doesn't work, and I have to close down the stimulus profile editor in order to "run" it again. 

I started by simplifying the real-time sequence, until I ended up with a sequence that was Pass = false. The same thing occured. 

I then logged in to my development computer with Windows 7. It has Veristand 2013 (No service pack). Connected through the same network to the same PXI system. I use identical system definition and profile files, and now it works without any issues. This computer also has LabVIEW 2013 (With SP1) installed, even though I don't think that should matter for the case.

I really can't understand how the different computers can act so different. The profile editor version reports the same version 2013.0.0.71.

The PXI system is also running Veristand 2013 (No Service pack). 

One difference that we have noticed is that in MAX, we only have access to see what software is installed on the PXI from the test-bench computer. From my development computer I have full access to all hardware etc. The user we have on the test-bench computer is a local administrator, but it doesn't seem to have access to the same functionality on the PXI, through MAX. I am suspecting some kind of access issue. I do however find it strange that the Stimulus Profile Editor hangs itself up, and doesn't give any kind of error, timeout or similar.

Any ideas to help us solve the issue is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jørgen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,380 Views)

Hello Jørgen,

It would probably be a good idea to start with troubleshooting the connectivity via MAX. Is your development computer on the same subnet as the test bench computer? Also is there a firewall on your test bench PC that could be blocking the connection?

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,205 Views)