From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded Data logger loop rate

HI,

I am using Embedded data logger custom device for logging the data with fifo size of 50. I want to write 1 sample per second into the tdms file. Now its writing more number of samples per second (around 40 sample per second)How can i control the number of sample writen into the TDMS file in veristand. I read about custom device loop rate control but i could implement it. How can i control the loop rate of custom device loop for Embedded data logger so that i will be able to write 1 sample per second??.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,944 Views)

Each channel group you add under a log file in the Embedded Data Logger custom device has a Decimation property on it that you can set. This divides down the number of samples logged. This decimation is applied to the loop rate of the VeriStand Engine as set on the main target page. So if your target rate is 100Hz and you want to log at 1Hz, set a decimation of 100 for each channel group.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,939 Views)

When using decimation, does the embedded data logger store the most recent values, or does it calculate the mean value of the samples accumulated since the previous log entry?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,602 Views)

If you can see the code of Embedded data logger there is no provision for accumulating the samples and calculating the average. You have to edit the code for calculating the mean.

Thanks,

VJK

Message 4 of 4
(5,599 Views)