From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog to select a channel

Hi

I want to create a custom device which will allow me to select channels from the system explorer. I found NI Veristand Add-on - Channel Select Dialog (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6266) . That's exactly what i need. I downloaded this add on and tried to call the vi from the Main page of the custom device.

The first thing is this vi need NIVS.System Definition Root .To get this i wrote the code attached.

I don't thinkif it's really working cause when i call the channel_select_dialog.vi  the treeview on which i am supposed to select the channel is empty.

So what is the good method to get the System definition  Root ? Is it possible to call the channel_select_dialog.vi from a custom device ? or is it reserved to Custom Workspace Objects??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,352 Views)

See the waveform custom device shipping example (in 2012). It has a channel selection dialog you can copy.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,334 Views)

Hi Stephen

I downloaded the add on  "Waveform Data Logger Custom Device" from here :

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29957

Unfortunately the source code is not provided, and when i try to open the Main page from the llb, i can't access to the diagramm block. Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,328 Views)

At this time we have not decided to release the source code for that download.

instead, look at the shipping example I mentioned before

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,315 Views)

Hi stephen

Can you tell me where i can find this example, i didn't found any waveform custom device example in VS 2012... that's why i downloaded the Waveform data logger ...

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,221 Views)

It is here on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\NI Veristand\Custom Devices\Waveform Analysis and Generation

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,211 Views)

One input is required:

• NIVS.System Definition Root - This is a reference to the system definition you wish to browse. If creating a workspace tool, service or object, you can right click this input and select Create -> Control to add this control to your top level workspace tool/service/object's front panel. NI VeriStand will automatically set this control value when your tool/service/object is run, so then just wire this control value to the subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,032 Views)