From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Finder Error After VS 2011 SP1 Install

After installing NI VeriStand 2011 SP1, Data Finder causes an error on startup. There is a bunch of garbage characters for the error message and something about a communication failure.  USI is uninitialized is reported afterwards.  Screenshots of errors uploaded.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,105 Views)

Hey Paul,

I find it very odd that installing VeriStand caused a problem with DataFinder entry points. I just want to make sure,  you weren't getting this error before installing VeriStand, correct?

Also, are you using the DataFinder toolkit or DIAdem? I'm just trying to figure out what you have installed that links back to the datafinder. We may want to repair the installation of the Toolkit or DIAdem next to see if that replaces the missing .dll.

Do you also happen to have a more clear copy of the errors? The ones you provided are pretty blurry so its tough to read the numbers. Cat Sad

Hope to hear from you soon!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,094 Views)

I am not using DataFinder toolkit or DIAdem.

I tried reinstalling some of the software before, but not all of the ones you suggested.  I uploaded better images of the errors--they looked fine on my computer before I saved and uploaded.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,078 Views)

Hi Paul,

it seems that your installation has been mixed-up.

Please run the attached script to determine which USI and DataFinder version are on your system.

On a 64bit Wondows you need to use the 32bit scripting host:

1. Click Start, click Run, type %windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe, and then click OK.
2. cscript CheckUsiInstallation.vbs

Please post your results.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,071 Views)

I got the following pop-up box.  It has a bunch of version mismatches.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,065 Views)

It looks like something has corrupted your USI installation - presumably either a LabVIEW 7.1 or an application built with LabVIEW 7.1.

To repair your USI installation, please locate "NI-USI" in the "Products" folder on your Veristand 2011 SP1, LabVIEW 2011 SP1, DFSE 2011 SP1 or DIAdem 2011 SP1 DVD/Setup folder; then execute the NI-USI.msi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,042 Views)