From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of CRC calculation in Veristand using Automatic Frame processing option.

Hello All,

In Veristand project, in addition to the current CRC calculation option given under “Automatic frame processing” in NI-XNET in Veristand, we need some customization (additional security is added by client, which is very specific to client).

We are not finding way to add this additional logic for CRC calculation in current Veristand, hence we are struggling lot. I believe, main advantage of Veristand is customizable, and should be way to doing this.

I have used polynomial as 194 (decimal), Initial XOR value as 255 and Final XOR value as hex 40(decimal-64) which are provided by client.

Automatic frame processing channels are added to all applicable frames.

With this, CRC calculation fails and couldn't able to execute related test cases.

Now we need to do negate operation of final calculated CRC in veristand.

I tried this using calculated channel but it seems it’s not possible to do it outside because this value changes so fast and again I have to force back calculated value back to CRC channel.

Does it possible to do this customization for CRC calculation in veristand executable itself?

Urgent help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Nilesh Adat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,117 Views)

Did you ever get a fix for this?  I am looking at a CRC issue where I need CRC16 with extra 16 bit prefix.  I am trying to find a way to implement it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(83 Views)

@joshe wrote:

Did you ever get a fix for this?  I am looking at a CRC issue where I need CRC16 with extra 16 bit prefix.  I am trying to find a way to implement it.

Use NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/CAN-Frame-Protection-Custom-Device

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(75 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am looking at this code.  Do I need to add a PXIe Linux build or will the CRIO Linux 64 work? I am running on PXIe Card in a Linux RT chassis.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(47 Views)

cRIO Linux 64 build works for PXI Linux RT.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(34 Views)