VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device XML file contents

Hi, I've had to do a save as for a custom device. Are there fields in some file or build specification that can modify the custom device's XML file contents, e.g., the name of the Configuration LLB, RT Driver VI, etc.? Or does the XML get generated at the start of custom device creation and then remains static? So far I've just edited the XML file using a text editor. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,879 Views)

Your latter statement is correct. The XML is generated for you initially (Assuming you use the Custom Device Template Tool) and futher modifications that you make to the custom devices XML will all be manual. 

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,848 Views)

I have little different problem with this xml file. I have to make new xml file running a VeriStand custom driver on a CompactRIO (NI9024 with VxWorks). Is there any documentation for this task or could you provide me with a template file?

Regards

Torgeir Wahl, NTNU

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,573 Views)

Hi Torgeir,

The recommended approach to getting the XML file is to use the Custom Device Template Tool specified in this Custom Device XML help.

More indepth information can be found on the NI VeriStand Custom Device Developer's Guide (Beta) document (see download on right navigation frame)

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,545 Views)