From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Refused connecting to 9146

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to access modules in a RIO expansion chassis 9146 using the Scan Engine custom device through Veristand. I keep getting a -307853 error which is connection refused by the server. I have removed my custom device and the only settings on a blank project I have is the OS set to either Pharlap or VxWorks (not sure which is correct) and the static IP of the RIO entered and Scan mode selected. I still get this error. Am I trying to do something that is not supported? I also keep seeing references in help to installing the Veristand RT Engine on the target but I am not sure how to do that. When I go to software in MAX all that is available to me is NI CompactRIO of which I have installed all available add-ons besides language support. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,256 Views)

Hi britehappy,

Have you see this document yet?   Installing NI VeriStand Support on an RT Target

You first need to ensure that the VeriStand RT Engine is installed on the host to be able to push it to the target. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue... What hardware are you using? What software and driver versions? If you're using LabVIEW, the VeriStand version must match that of LabVIEW. Here is a compatibility table. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,201 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author britehappy

9146 is not supported by scan engine custom device. There could be way to use it through LV FPGA, but is not officialy supported with NI Veristand and can introduce timing issues/delays...

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,186 Views)

Jiri,

Thanks, that is what I was wondering. Can I ask how I would know that it is not supported for that particular chassis? All I see under the Scan Engine page for hardware requirements for Scan Engine is this:

• For Scan Engine: CompactRIO controller/chassis with C-Series modules
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,177 Views)

britehappy,

9146 is not a cRIO (CompactRIO). It is Ethernet RIO Expansion Chassis.

cRIO is f.e. 9039, 9068, 9024, 9082...

cRIO has user programable RT part and FPGA part...

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,173 Views)

Fair enough 🙂

The semantical difference between cRIO and RIO expansion is not totally obvious when you aren't terribly familiar with either.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,164 Views)

Sure, understandable. Valuable feedback for our marketing...

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,141 Views)