VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile Models for VxWorks - Error: Aborting code generation. NI VeriStand is not properly licensed.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to compile a model developed in Simulink that should run on NI target that runs VxWorks OS.

I have followed the steps described in this post http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9B38EF4AB0F5739A86257A29006D8E8C

I have also activated both VeriStand Model Generation and VeriStand Full Development System.

When I try to compile the code I get the error that Veristand is not properly licensed.

Error building Real-Time Workshop target for block diagram 'motor_2015_02_13_2007a_2'. MATLAB error message:
Error: Aborting code generation. NI VeriStand is not properly licensed. You must properly license NI VeriStand and then restart MATLAB (R). To activate the free NI VeriStand Model Generation license, use serial number: S14X86758. Refer to ni.com/activate for more information about activating NI VeriStand licenses

I have used both the SN suggested but also my own license. I have restarted Matlab and even the PC and I still get the same error.

Has anyone encoutered this behavior? Any ideas?

Thank you,

TS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,146 Views)

Hi thunderstorm,

This behavior and the workaround can be dependent on the versions of software you are using. Can you let us know what you have?

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,125 Views)

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Veristand 2014 and Matlab/Simulink R2007a.

Best regards,

TS 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,116 Views)

I am also attaching the log from Command Window in Matlab and the printscreen from LicenseManager.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,112 Views)

Hi Thunderstorm,

I have a guess as to what is occuring and how to fix it. This error can occur if these search paths are missing:

C:\VeriStand\2014\UserInterface\tmw\Shared
C:\VeriStand\2014\UserInterface\tmw\R2009b
C:\VeriStand\2014\ModelInterface\tmw\R2007b
C:\VeriStand\2014\UserInterface\tmw
C:\VeriStand\2014\ModelInterface\tmw
C:\VeriStand

Executing the NIVeriStandAddPaths.m file located in the C:\VeriStand directory should register these paths for you. If you continue to receive this error after confirming these paths are registered, let us know.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,085 Views)

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your recommendation, I have tried them but still meet the same the problem.

Firstly, let me tell you that because of lack of space on C drive, I have installed Veristand on D drive.

I have run NIVeriStandAddPaths.m and I get the following message in Command Window.

??? The NI VeriStand Model Simulation Server port number is invalid or another client is already running. Close the MATLAB process in which the client is running or run the NI VeriStand Model Simulation Server on a different port number.

Error in ==> NIVeriStandInitialization at 57
NIVeriStandServer;
Error in ==> NIVeriStandAddPaths at 48
NIVeriStandInitialization;

I stopped the Veristand Simulation Server using NIVeriStandServer('stop') and after that run again NIVeriStandAddPaths.m

This time I didn't receive any errors, the message was just:

Initializing NI VeriStand 2014
Starting the NI VeriStand Model Simulation Server on port 6012
NI VeriStand Model Simulation Server started

Unfortunately, when compiling the model, I still get the same error that NI VeriStand is not licensed.

Additionaly, I have tried to add the paths using :

addpath(folderName1,...,folderNameN)

and

addpath(genpath(folderName1)

but I still get the same error.

Additionaly, I have verified and the paths are properly saved in Matlab search path. I have added and checked using the information from this page. 

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_env/what-is-the-matlab-search-path.html

Do you have any other ideas? 

Today I will try to install a virtual machine and test the SW setup, in order to exclude any SW corruption.

Thank you for your help,

TS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,073 Views)

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, due to internal policies I didn't manage to install the virtual machines needed.

If anyone has any other ideas of how I can make this work without reinstalling windows, please post here.

Thank you,

TS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,016 Views)

Hey thunderstorm,

I sent you a private message referring to this issue. Please take a look at that and follow up if possible.

Steven Gloor
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,000 Views)