VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Properties "NOVALUE" Data Type "DT_DOUBLE": Unable to search files for Minimum / Maximum values

I am using VeriStand 2013 SP1.  I have all (except CAN bus) of my I/O in an NI-9144 EtherCAT chassis and am using Scan Engine and EtherCAT.  The controller is a PXI. 

I was trying to find, in DIAdem 2012, the test run where I had a pressure spike that led to the failure of a component.

However, I am unable to search channel properties for "Maximum" as my "Maximum" shows "NOVALUE".  I am using a Stimulus Profile for Data Acquisition.  All of my channels look like this:  Alias, CAN bus (XNET), User Channels, and System Channels. 

Can I change anything to remedy this? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,686 Views)
I think DIAdem needs to calculate those meta tags again sometimes. Right click the channel in the data portal there should be an entry in the context menu for recalculating meta tags or something like that. Just going from memory here... If that's not it perhaps someone can work a proper investigation.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,672 Views)

Its called "Update Characteristic Values"

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,660 Views)

Stephen,

Since my initial post, I have upgraded to DIAdem 2014, but still see NOVALUE.

When I loaded the file into the Data Portal today, the min/max values were there.  However, under Properties for the channel, NOVALUE is still shown so I am still unable to use this as a search criteria (see attached).

Thank you for your assistance. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,658 Views)

Hey ATarman,

I think you should try asking this question in the DIAdem forum as this is not a NI VeriStand specific issue. Searching around, it appears this behavior happens with any TDMS file. They should be able to help you there.

Thanks

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,649 Views)

Hey, I am having this exact same issue. Any luck on solving it? 

Thanks,

Ellie 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,998 Views)

Hi,

I'm quite sure there is a DIADEM function that allows you replacing NaN values with a specified one. This may solve your problem.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,990 Views)

As it turns out, I wasn't saving the properties (such as min and max) in the first place.. which is why DIAdem couldn't complete a search for them.  If you look at my other post Brad explained it much better.  Thanks anyway, though!

Best,

Ellie 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,970 Views)