VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel Fault Manager does not apply a fault if picked from the filtered list

Solved!
Go to solution

In both 2011 and 2013's VeriStand channel fault manager, if I type a string in the text field and click on the bulleted list icon (to filter) and then apply a fault to a listed channel, nothing actually happens. It seems like I need to locate the channel another way (e.g., cascaded tree method) and then apply the fault that way. This seems like a bug. Can someone confirm? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,641 Views)
Solution
Accepted by h_yong

Good Afternoon h_yong,

I took a look at this behavior and can confirm that this is a bug. It has been reported in Corrective Action Request (CAR) #459404 to be resolved in future versions of NI VeriStand. For now, the work-around is to instead of clicking the "Add Fault" button, double click the channel in the list view that you wish to fault. This will automatically switch you back to tree view and bring up the fault value window. After entering your value and pressing "OK" you'll notice that the channel does now get added to the faulted channels list. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this behavior.

Hope this helps!

--Ryan_S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,616 Views)

Sorry for reviving this old thread; I had someone asking about this old issue and believe others might be interested in the answer as well: The bug explained above was fixed a week later (24-03-2014).

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,322 Views)