VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Mechanical Action of a Boolean Control in new Veristand 2015 sp1 UI manager

With The New NI VeriStand UI Manager (VeriStand 2015 SP1), it's not posible to modify existing (Boolean Control - Boolean Button.vi) like it was posible in hold VeriStand Working Page.

The Control in the New NI VeriStand UI Manager are .DLL

I would like to know how can i modify the Mechanical Action of a Boolean Control from actual behavior (Switch When Pressed) to (Switch Until Released)

I would like to have some of my Boolean Control to behave like a push button.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,599 Views)

Right now we don't have a supported method to extend the control types of UI Manager. This is valuable feedback. We will analyze it for a future release.

Would you mind adding what your use-case is for the diffferent mechanical action? This can help us understand how to best implement and expose the feature.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,538 Views)

Most of the time, when i need to modify the Mechanical Action of a Boolean Control, from actual behavior (Switch When Pressed) to (Switch until Released) is when i use signal bit in CAN message.

Example is to simulate a pad of arrow push button (Up, Down, Left, Right) that control navigation in Dot matrix Menu.
if i have to simulate on one button, short activation and long activation, it's very difficult with Boolean Control (Switch When Pressed).

What would be very useful is to have a parameter on control to select the deferent Mechanical Action (same as Labview).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,514 Views)

We finally swapped our VS2011 SP1 system to VS2015 SP1 and while loving the new UI responsiveness, look and feel, today we started porting our old screens to the new UI manager and we too are missing the momentary switch type.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,415 Views)