From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change VeriStand System Channel type

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've been developing a VeriStand Project and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can change the system channel types from doubles to uint32 or uint64. I see that there is a .net object  NationalInstruments.VeriStand.Data which has the classes that I want, but I'm not very familiar with the .net api or how to create system definitions for VeriStand in LabView.

I was thinking that I could create a project, import my models and then use the .Net API to get the system channels and change their type. The problem is that using the GetSystemChannels doesn't give a method to allow this.

I got the VI from somewhere on NI, but I can't remember where.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,817 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B2.718

Why do you need the system channels as different types?  Where are you using them?

You cannot change the type of the system channels in VeriStand.  In VeriStand everything is a double.  Period.  No exceptions.

However, in LabVIEW you can easily convert a doulbe to a U32 or I32, or almost any other data type for that matter.  Simply use the converstion VIs from the Numeric pallete.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,814 Views)

Ok, I didn't think it was possible from everything I read, but then I saw the class constructor. It would really only be useful if I could use U64's since then I wouldn't have to split them into 2 double channels or do something slick to convert a U64 to a double.

Thanks anyway.

Realized the VI above doesn't work... here are the sub-VIs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,795 Views)