VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not convert a Simulink (.slx) model into compiled (.dll) file: NMAKE : fatal error U1073.

Hi, everyone!

I have an issue while tried to convert a Simulink (.slx) model  into compiled (.dll) for use in NI VeriStand environment. This (.slx) model consists of Simulink blocks, SimDriveline blocks and SimElectronic blocks but not includes Stateflow features. The first time I built (.dll) file from the model in Simulink environment, it returned with an error:

"Aborted due to an error in the build procedure for model: XXX
Multiple compilation errors detected while compiling XXX model.
Caused by: * ['XXX/YYY_UMT']: Syntax error encountered while parsing unit expression, '  ' ."

In which, "XXX" is my model's name, and "YYY_UMT" is a submodel including some SimDriveline blocks. After that, I replaced the submodel with another SimDriveline block and deleted some other relative blocks of the model and then tried to converted the model again. The converting process conducted for a few seconds and returned with another error message:

"### Creating C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86\vc\10.0\R2015b\RELEASE\pm_nimf.lib
lib /nologo /out:C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86\vc\10.0\R2015b\RELEASE\pm_nimf.lib @C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86\vc\10.0\R2015b\RELEASE\pm_nimf.txt
### Created C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86\vc\10.0\R2015b\RELEASE\pm_nimf.lib
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\VeriStand\2015\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86\vc\10.0\R2015b\RELEASE\dummy.obj'
Stop.
C:\Users\.....\XXX\XXX_niVeriStand_rtw>echo The make command returned an error of 2
The make command returned an error of 2
C:\Users\......\\XXX\XXX_niVeriStand_rtw>An_error_occurred_during_the_call_to_make
'An_error_occurred_during_the_call_to_make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
### Aborted due to an error in the build procedure for model: XXX
Error(s) encountered while building "XXX"."

My laptop is set up with: Matlab R2015b, LabVIEW 2015, VeriStand 2015 SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012, Micrsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional. In addition, when I built a simple Simulink (.slx) model, i could convert it successfully to (.dll) file and it ran well in VeriStand environment.

Thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,175 Views)

as u said ,u built a simple Simulink (.slx) model, it could convert successfully to (.dll) file and  ran well in VeriStand environment. So I want to know what's the content difference between the simple model and the model  u want to convert which consists of Simulink blocks, SimDriveline blocks and SimElectronic blocks,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,106 Views)

The Simulink model that converted successfully is very simple and consists of only Simulink blocks and doesn't have any SimDriveline and SimElectronic block! It would be great if u could find the causes and recomment some guidance. I have spent much time but now the problem has not been solved 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,103 Views)

sorry reply later, I have a guide, u can leave ur email, I send to u

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,070 Views)

Hi chenkang123! Thank you very much for your reply! This is my email: ntsinhtb11@outlook.com!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,068 Views)