VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a parameter alias as the input to "Set Parameter Value VI" in models palette?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been playing with the Veristand 2015 example "Set Model Parameters.vi".

Is it possible to use a parameter alias as the string input to the function "Set Parameter 2D Array Values.vi"? I have tried to do this, but get the following error:

Error -307662 occurred at Set Model Parameters.vi >> NI_VS ModelManager ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Set Parameter 2D Array Values.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand:  Node is not found in the system.
  =========================
  NI VeriStand:  Could not find parameter expression

I am confident that the alias has been setup in the system definition correctly. 

If not, what the point of having a parameter alias? The workspace model calibration controls do not appear to be able to use them. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,621 Views)

Hi,

I have just done some research into this error and I would suggest that you make sure that all of your parameters are tied to an actual channel or remove them if there is no channel for them. I have not come across this before, so I will need to look into it further, but there was another forum post where a person got the same error. I'm not sure if it's relevant to you, but I have linked it below for you to take a look at just in case.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Real-Time-Stimulus-Error-307662-Node-is-not-found-in-the-system...

I hope this helps.

Cody

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fhornlhorn

Access to parameter as alias is just for read direction.

To be able to write to parameter, you ned to use Model Calibration Control or Model Parameter Manager API. So alias to parameter cannot be used for write.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,561 Views)

I suspected that was the answer. Disappointing!

It would be a really useful feature for a future version.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,556 Views)