From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Real-Time Sequence directly from LabVIEW/Teststand

Hi Boards,

Perhaps it is a simple questions, but before i run to the wrong way, better to ask... 😉

1. Is it possible to call RT-Sequence directly from LabVIEW/Teststand without using stimulus profile?

2. I want to manage my test through teststand. It means, i need to pass parameter from teststand to RT-Sequence, is it possible?

If it is not possible, how can i pass parameter from teststand to stimulus profile? So, in the end, i will call stimulus profile from teststand.

Any example program will make my life easy... 😉

Thanks!

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,513 Views)

Hi,

You can use the Stimulus Profile API

Use this API to automate the configuration and operation of real-time sequences and stimulus profiles

You can use the VeriStand APIs and extendibility to meet your needs. you can Call NI VeriStand from any .NET environment 😉

NI TestStand Sequence Files to run Stimulus Profiles in NI VeriStand

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,496 Views)

Hi hsm78,

I figured there is a way to automatically calling stimulus profile via .NET API.

But, how can i modify the parameter, i.e., i want to modify Initial Value, Final Value of ramp.nivsseq from stimulus profile? I don't see so far how to programmatically modify it.

The only possibility is to play with XML file where my stimulus profile stored those values. But, i think it is not the comfortable way, is it?

In other posting, there is also solution to create stimulus profile and RT-sequence programmatically with labview. There will be then possible to input any parameter to stimulus profile>RT-sequence.

But, i want only to change the parameter input, not to create every time the stimulus profile...

Any idea?

Thanks again,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,479 Views)

Hi,

have you seen the examples in  C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\examples\NI Veristand\API\Configuration API\Sequences  ?

where XX is your LabVIEW Version you're using

The two VIs Create Basic Real-Time Sequence.vi  and Create Advanced Real-Time Sequence.vi are good to understand how to use the API

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,473 Views)

Hi hsm78,

thanks for your info. I have tried both examples. Both example will create a new RT-Sequence and set the value parameters. I would try first not to use this method.

I want to have the following scenario:

Scenario I:

- RT-Sequence and Stimulus Profile is created directly with editor.

- Teststand will pass parameters to stimulus profile and run the stimulus profile editor.

Scenario II:

- RT-Sequence is created directly with editor

- Test stand will pass parameter to RT-Sequence and run it.

Which one is possible? and how?

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,423 Views)

Hi Rajamodol,

You're right, those examples create sequences... they don't run them. The examples you want to look at are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\NI Veristand\API\Execution API\Sequences\

Those are closer. I've also attached a few examples here. They run a seq directly and also run a stim profile, after setting parameters. This creates a new stimulus profile but its an easy modification to open an existing.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,417 Views)

You might also want to check out the NIVS custom steps for NI TestStand that handle this low level stuff for you

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25218

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,416 Views)

Hi StephenB,

Thanks for your info. I have tried your solution. Yes, it it closer to what i need. Now, i am trying to rewrite the code in Teststand with using .NET API. Now, i have another question. In Labview, we can easily close an opened reference. How to do it in Teststand? Is there any function in .NET API? Or, can i just link my object reference which was opened in Testand, to labview and close it there?

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,376 Views)

Hi StephenB,

I tried to add log file function to your example  Play Waveform sequence.vi ‏20 KB, unfortunately did not work.

I added the funcion from pallete NI Veristand>>Execution>>Data Logging: Open Data Logging Manager Reference.vi and Start Data Logging Session.vi. The output of last vi does not match with Open Stimulus Profile Session.vi.

How can i log the waveform of  Play Waveform sequence.vi ‏20 KB with using labview? 

Thanks!

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,257 Views)