VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN data replay - 1 signal per file?

Hello again! My question this time involves an apparent limit in the CAN data replay in the SDF. When I went to configure this the other day, I was expecting to be able to load up a TDMS file of CAN data that I'd logged (using the Embedded Data Logger Custom Device) and see all the same frames and signals. This doesn't appear to be the case, as Veristand is forcing me to select the Group Name and a single Channel name. I'd hate to think that I have to have an individual file for each of the many, MANY CAN signals I want to replay. 

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Wraith

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,438 Views)
Yeah you need to log the data with the XNET raw fame data logging, not the embedded data logger
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,415 Views)

Ended up finding that out after getting on the phone with NI last week. I missed the part about how the replay only works with TDMS files of a very specific format. I logged some bus traffic and I'm able to play it back, but now I have to figure out how to monitor and make use of the replay data. This isn't working as I'd expect it to, I can't see any of the data from the VS workspace when I monitor either individual signals using indicators mapped to Incoming frames or the Channel Data viewer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,393 Views)