VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board access error

Hi !

I use a PXI 6682H board to synchronize severeal PXI chassis. I developp a code and tested it on RT. It seems to works.. Now i want to use it in a custom device. The problem is i get this error code :

niSync Initialize (String).vi<ERR>
Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA401A) The specified device is a remote device.  Remote devices are not allowed.

I don't know why it try to access to a remote device, the resource name of the clock is PXI-6682H (the name defined in MAX). I used exactly the same code in RT and in my custom device.... I also tryed using VISA name instead of the MAX name without success. I didn't find any help about this code in the forum...

Does anyone have an idea ???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,252 Views)

Sorry ...

Forget the last message.. i found the problem, i read the wrong properties and i had a false resource name when i initialize the 6682...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,241 Views)

OK, this time i really dont understand what's wrong

I developped a custom device to synchronize severeal chassis, the DAQ boards and the PCL .

When i select my custom device as a master custom device in the Timing source setting i get this error during the deployment :

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 1031 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

LabVIEW:  Le type de référence du VI ne correspond pas au connecteur du VI.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Run Timing Source Initialization VI.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Engine Timing Source Data.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>
c:\ni-rt\VeriStand\Timing and Sync\CY Custom Source\CY Custom Source Engine.llb\CY Custom Source RT Driver VI.vi

When i select Automatic timing instead of my custom device i dont have this problem. So i think it doesn't come from connector pane of the RT vi ...

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,240 Views)

I found the solution.... the error was in the xml file, i pointed to the wrong Timing source file ....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,209 Views)

Great you've made me profit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,699 Views)