VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea when c-series module 9212 will be supported in VeriStand?

I'm currently using 3 9212 TC cards in one of our test stands and the isolation hardware has improved the measurments. We are planning on adding these cards to 3 other existing test stands with VeriStand.

It would make it much easier if the cards were officially supported instead of creating a model or models that calculate the raw TC signal and linking the 24 inputs. 

Damian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,370 Views)

Hi Damian_S

I am not 100% clear on if I understood your question, specifically, what you refer to by “Veristand Support”. Could you please further elaborate on what you would expect to have available in Veristand to say that the module is supported?

If you refer to the support for the 9212 in the NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tool, posting in this other forum might get you a more accurate answer. As Pignite mentioned in this forum, the updates for this tool might not be as frequent as you might want, but it is worth asking.

As you said in that same forum, using the Basic IO node is the way to go for modules such as this one, and this would be the “supported” method to use this module.

Since this is a TC module, I would expect that the Scan Engine would be fast enough for this, in which case this Add On should be good enough 

Finally, from the previous forum, you mentioned that “its a little tedious to have so many outputs and inputs on the connector plane of the model.” Have you considered using clusters to contain those wires? These should be supported data types for LV models 

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,342 Views)

Thanks for your response. The support that i was refering to is for the thermocouple scales. This made setting up previous TC cards very quick. veristand TC scales.png

Thanks for mentioning FPGA-Based I/O interface Tool forum. I did use the forum to understand how to setup the FPGA. That worked out nicely. 

Aggreed about scan engine is fast enough. However, that addon doesn't support the 9212 in scan engine and due to frequency measurments and a safetey interlocks we are running the FPGA mode anyways. 

Thats a good idea to use clusters for the LV model. Thanks for that link, I'll look into that a bit more. I could use this on other VeriStand models as well. 

Damian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,338 Views)