VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias, Scale, or Calculated Channels on Waveform tasks?

Once a DAQ Device has been setup for waveform instead of single point, is there a way to use the channels from that device for Alias, Scales, or Calculated channels in Veristand 2014?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,654 Views)

Hi bleslie,

There isn't a way to use Alias, Scales, or Calculated Channels with Waveform tasks in VeriStand 2014.  The only way to do this would be to create a custom device and implement the logic.

Another option would be to set up two different DAQ devices (one configured for Single-Point, the other for Waveform) and define Aliases, Calculated Channels, or Scales for the Single Point device.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,627 Views)

Has anyone from NI created a Custom device that could perhaps import the configured channels and provide basic polynominal scaling?

Thanks.
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,630 Views)

Hi Rob,

There are a number of custom devices that are kept on a GitHub repo that you can download here: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons

Where are you trying to import this data from?

Kevin F.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,611 Views)

I am aquiring waveform data from a cDAQ in Veristand.  I was wondering if there was a custom device that could just grab the channel references of the waveform channels, do the some kind of scaling and spit it back out as a duplicate channel.  I find it quite odd that there is no ability to scale the waveform data natively. 

Thanks.
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,607 Views)
There is custom device like this in LabVIEW examples.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,603 Views)

Thanks Jiri I can expand on this example.

Thanks.
Rob
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,600 Views)

Can you point us to the example you're referring to?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,536 Views)

I think he might be referring to the example at C:\Program Files(x86)\National Instruments\Labview <year>\examples\NI Veristand\Custom Devices\Waveform Analysis and Generation

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,528 Views)