VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add 9188 chassis to system definition file (sdf)

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to measure basic channels in Veristand 2011 without a custom device.  In the system definition file, how do I add a 9188 chassis? And how do I add a thermocouple on Channel 0 on a 9213 c-series module?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KB_GenMtrs

Hello,

Are you working with a Windows or Real-Time device?

If you are using VeriStand to work with a Windows based system, adding a cDAQ-9188 should not be a problem; the Hardware Discovery Wizard will pick it up if it is in the same network than the Windows machine. Are you having issues with this?

If you have a Real-Time target like a PXI controller running Pharlap ETS, you will not be able to use the cDAQ-9188 at all because it is not supported in Real-Time operating systems. If you are working with a Real-Time target and you need the CompactDAQ you have either move to Windows or us a USB CompactDAQ instead, like a cDAQ-9178.

Please refer to this thread. The second post was made by a Product Support Engineer and I was able to confirm that the information is still valid even for the latest versions of NI-DAQmx and VeriStand. You can also verify the Real-Time compatibility in the NI-DAQmx 15.5 Readme.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,392 Views)