VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action VI on Compile : Workspace functions hang

Hi,

For one of my custom devices, in my action VI On Compile I need to know if the Workspace Manager is opened.

So I open a connection on the WS : if it opens without error, then it means that there is a deployed code running. Otherwise, it means that the system is undeployed. this works fine in VS2013.

Using VS2016, the workspace manager opens without error even if no code is deployed, than any functions related to the WS (get multiple channles, or get system state) completely hang and never return.

How can I avoid that ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,511 Views)

Hi zyl7,

You'll likely have to do some error handling from the NI VeriStand - Reconnect to System.vi.  If the Workspace is connected to the target via the gateway, it will return without error.  If the project is not deployed, there is a flag input to the VI that will deploy it and then connect up the Workspace.  There are corner case errors that you can handle individually, but take the NI VeriStand - Reconnect to System.vi should hopefully get you where you want to go.  

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,479 Views)

Hi,

I'll try wit hthe Reconnect to System.vi.

However, I noticied that the actual code hangs in the .net dll call... So I guess something is making the embedded code to wait indefinetely in there (whatever the function is) after Open Wokspace VI is executed without error (even if the system is ot even deployed yet...)

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,468 Views)