VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARINC 429

Hi !

At first, i'm quite new with ARINC 429 protocol (so apologize if my questions seems to be stupid).

We planned to use AIT 429 board and corresponding VeriStand Custom device. I have a few question :

1) If i'm right we need to use AIT Flight simulyzer software to generate the xml file which will be loaded by VeriStand Add on. I tryed this software, it seems you can only define the channels and the labels. The data inside the label can not be defined in this software. You have to define the data parameters in veristand after importing the database. It seems you can modify the xml  generated and add manually the data in the xml... All this is a little bit complicated, i cannot understand why you need two differents tools to define the database.

2) In ARINC 429 there is 3 different encoding type : BCD, BNR and DSC, there is no way in the custom device to define the encoding type for each data. Is it possible to use BCD encoding wih this custom device ? If yes how ?

4) Is it possible to modify the SDI of a channel during the transmiting?

5) An improvement: The custom device doesn't check any data overlapping or if the data are defined outside the range (it is possible to define a start bit of -1...)

6) Is there any performances test of this custom device? I read legacy board may occasionally suffer brief period of poor performance if using a large buffer size ..... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,415 Views)