NI VeriStand Add-Ons Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulated Thermocouple Custom Device Feedback

Please post and comments or questions related to the Simulated Thermocouple custom device below

Chris Bakker
SET Americas
CEO

Comments
pmac
on

Hello,

When I try to add this custom device to my system definition I get the attached error.

Thanks for your help.

Error 307603.png

MJMiller
on

We are having some problems setting up the channels.  It will deploy OK if we do not have any thermocouple channels set up.  Once we add channels, we get this error on deployment. 

2014-06-13 10-29-05_Error Screenshots1.jpg

We are using the Scan Engine and Ether Cat Custom device for our analog channels.  There seems to be an issue with the ":0" in the channel path.

Any ideas?

Matt

Bakk_Diagram
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hi Matt,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you.  It looks like you are somehow trying to add an etherCAT channel under a daq task.  The Sim TC code itself doesn't require you to know anything about the TC channel or where it comes from.  You should map it to the Custom Device externallly through the mappings. 

Are you adding the TC channel to one of the screens in the custom device?

Thanks

Chris Bakker
SET Americas
CEO

User002
Not applicable
on

Rossi,

An SMU is not needed.  If you read the page on the custom device, the fine resolution and range is achieved by taking any analog out board and setting it up with a voltage divider.  Any cDAQ card should be sufficient.

It should also be noted that in order to achieve CJC, you will need a thermocouple  module as well.  The channel is calibrated witih the CJC of the thermocouple module, and then those values are used in the simulation.

Thanks,

Andrew

Contributors