NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Steps for TestStand Feedback

Hi SajK,

Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce the error. I just sent you a PM.

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 211 of 292
(863 Views)

Hi Andi-C,

sorry for late reply.

I run "Initialize VeriStand" (high level) without any problem. But the way how "Start Veristand" (low level) Initialize Veristand works, probably different.

Initialize Veristand's type>properties>Substep calls Launch NIVS.vi.  I don't know what "Launch NIVS.vi" does, since it is locked.

Start Veristand's type>properties>substep is a .NET call of "NationalInstruments.Veristand.VeristandSteps(1.0.0.1)".

My system is currently running on Veristand 2015. I don't want to uninstall Veristand 2015 from my system just to test if Veristand 2016 Steps does work. But, it would be very helpfull if you could also confirm my situation on your side.

Thanks.

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 212 of 292
(855 Views)

Hi,

Just want to confirm:

I have to remove Veristand 2015 from my PC and reinstall Veristand 2016. It works indeed.
What i am expecting is:

I am working with a development system which shall be able to work with different version of LabVIEW, Veristand, and Teststand.

So, with this situation, i am unhappy because either i have to work with only Version 2016, or i have to uninstall one version and reinstall another version.

We are not yet doing any update to our productive test system (they are still having version 2015). I am testing our own vi, steps, sequences, GUI, etc etc with 2016. By not having version 2015 (multi version) on my developing maschine is really unexpected. Either i need a new maschine for different version, or uninstall version x and reinstall version x+1.

I believe something need to be done here.

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 213 of 292
(846 Views)

Hi rajamodol,

I must have missed your last post so my apologies.

I have experienced many fewer issues by developing with only one version of VS/TS/LV installed in my environment. I keep a Virtual Machine for each version I need to develop with on one physical PC. So, a Virtual Machine for 2014, 2015, 2016 etc. There are good free virtualization tools (like Hyper-V) that make this easier. 

We realize this may not work in every situation.

Unfortunately the VeriStand Step Types do not currently support the installation of more than one version of the Steps at a time.

If you need to develop for multiple versions in one environment then you will need to uninstall/reinstall the VeriStand Step Types each time you start developing with another version. It should not be necessary to uninstall VeriStand / TestStand / LabVIEW etc. 

I was not able to reproduce the behavior you experienced here when I tried last. I will try again this week to be sure.

I hope this helps!

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 214 of 292
(840 Views)

Kent,

I am seeing the same issue with TS 2014 SP1 - VS 2015 Sp1 version of the step types. I worked around it by configuring the path from the Property Browser within the Properties tab of the step settings.

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 215 of 292
(832 Views)

Hey guys,

I actually found the same problem here today. 

Brandon is correct: the quick fix is to change the VSInstallDirectory in the Step's Property browser in the Step Settings. You can change this for all instances of the Step Type by modifying the Step's Default Property values in the NI_VeriStand Type Palette.

Our apologies for overlooking this during testing. I will update the installers with a fix in the next day or so. 

Thank you for your patience.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 216 of 292
(828 Views)

The add-on is listed as open source, but I have been unable to find the source anywhere. Where is this available? I have a project coming up for which it would be very helpful to have the source for these steps.

0 Kudos
Message 217 of 292
(780 Views)

Daniel,

The source code for these steps is currently unavailable because we are in the process of improving the architecture of the step types. This effort is underway and we are planning to post the source code again after the next round of updates. Hopefully this will happen in the next few weeks.

If you need access to the source in the meantime for any reason we can likely share it directly - just send a direct message to me here.

Please let me know if I can clarify.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 218 of 292
(775 Views)

I just started using TS 2016 / VS 2016 and noticed the "Channel Value Limit Test" can no longer link to a channel.  When I hit the "OK" button in the "Configure Channel" dialog, it appears not to be assigning the channel to the step.  One indication is the step's description never gets updated with the name of the channel.  We use this step a lot in our application, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 219 of 292
(733 Views)

Hi Holtee, 

I just tested the Channel Value Limit Test in TS 2016 / VS 2016 using the latest installer from the download page. I was able to configure the channel and saw the data read successfully from VeriStand. 

One thing to note is that the Channel Value Limit Test assumes that you have already specified a Project Path within the 'Initialize VeriStand' Step within your Sequence. 

I did notice that the 2016 version of the Channel Value Limit Test Step Type does not copy the Channel Name to the Description field properly. This is a bug which we will need to fix in the next release. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Can you confirm that you are selecting a Project Path  within the 'Initialize VeriStand' Step before attempting to configure the Channel Value Limit Test? 

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 220 of 292
(725 Views)