NI VeriStand Add-Ons Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device Feedback

I'm getting this same error (error 132465, Master 0 not found) when trying to use a select a bit file on a 9144 slave.  Were you able to figure out a solution for this problem?  

0 Kudos
Message 601 of 676
(1,078 Views)

I have not found anything yet. I was able to use one of the other setups to load the bitfiles.

0 Kudos
Message 602 of 676
(1,066 Views)

Are there any plans to add support for the 9216 and 9226 RTD modules in the Scan Engine custom device?  Looked into implementing this device in FPGA using UDVs, but it doesn't appear that I can set any of the RTD channel properties for these modules in FPGA mode (but I can in Scan Engine mode).

0 Kudos
Message 603 of 676
(1,049 Views)

In release 4.3.0, I'm getting a 1003 error when trying to launch the Manage 3rd-Party ECAT Slaves dialog.  It appears some subvi of that dialog (Main - Manages 3rd Party Slaves.vi) is broken.  Has anyone else seen this?

0 Kudos
Message 604 of 676
(1,007 Views)

I didn't have EtherCAT installed locally - dialog now opens!

0 Kudos
Message 605 of 676
(1,000 Views)

Hi team, is there a plan to provide support for the recently released NI 9145 EtherCAT slave chassis? 

Kalin T.
0 Kudos
Message 606 of 676
(984 Views)

Hi Kalin,

There is currently a 9145-Dev branch on github for the Scan Engine & EtherCAT Custom Device (https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/Scan-Engine-Custom-Device/tree/9145-Dev). Support for the 9145 is added in that branch but has not been thoroughly tested. You should be able to download the branch from there and build it in LabVIEW 2016 for functionality in VeriStand 2016.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Message 607 of 676
(971 Views)

Hello, I am using this custom device with Veristand 2015.1, cRIO9066 and the particular issue relates to a 9411 module.

I am unable to successfully configure the module in quadrature speciality mode. I have followed the wiring information relating to scan mode speciality with regard to the connection of my A and B channels from the encoder, wherein A is ctr0 and B ctr1, and can confirm these are reading correctly with the module in speciality counter mode set to count rising edges.

The definition deploys however I receive no velocity or position information, the channels remain at 0. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to investigate next? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 608 of 676
(935 Views)

I now have the quadrature output working after revisiting the module wiring however the position channels do not count down from 0 to negative. This means that if I run my motor in the reverse direction I can not read a speed. If I've already run positive and the position channel has already incremented for a while I can read negative speed until the channel reaches 0.

I had expected the output to count +ve and -ve up to the channel limit, is this correct?

0 Kudos
Message 609 of 676
(924 Views)

Hello,

I use a CRio 9067 and linux32RT with a 9475 module detected by the Scan Engine custom device.

I want use this module to generate a square signal with variable frequency.

I think it is not possible to do this without some modifications.

I want to know what's the best way to do this.

Thanks

Damien M
Ingénieur moyens d'essais | Centum-Adeneo

0 Kudos
Message 610 of 676
(812 Views)